Builders demand single window clearance system for projects
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
The builders' fraternity has demanded single window system for clearing proposals, especially environment clearances for various projects, and has sought state government's intervention on the issue.
With many projects being stuck at different levels, the builders have demanded setting up of a system that facilitates clearances to avoid delay in completion of project.
Satish Magar, president, Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Associations of India, Pune region, had proposed at a recent public meeting that took up the case of builders that such clearances should be speeded up.
"It takes a lot of time to get clearances as the proposals have to be passed by several officials in Delhi. There should be a simple process for the same,'' he said.
He said there should be a single window clearance system for proposals instead of 40 departments giving clearances to the proposals which take almost two years. Even as online clearance system has been proposed, there has been a delay in putting it in place, he said at the meeting.
He said with unauthorised constructions being a major hassle, comprehensive affordable housing society is the need of the hour.