Builders demand single window clearance system for projects
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
The builders' fraternity has demanded single window system for clearing proposals, especially environment clearances for various projects, and has sought state government's intervention on the issue.
With many projects being stuck at different levels, the builders have demanded setting up of a system that facilitates clearances to avoid delay in completion of project.
Satish Magar, president, Confederation of Real Estate Developers' Associations of India, Pune region, had proposed at a recent public meeting that took up the case of builders that such clearances should be speeded up.
"It takes a lot of time to get clearances as the proposals have to be passed by several officials in Delhi. There should be a simple process for the same,'' he said.
He said there should be a single window clearance system for proposals instead of 40 departments giving clearances to the proposals which take almost two years. Even as online clearance system has been proposed, there has been a delay in putting it in place, he said at the meeting.
He said with unauthorised constructions being a major hassle, comprehensive affordable housing society is the need of the hour.