Bukhari slams SP govt
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Partners & possibles in target 272
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Expressing his displeasure over the performance of Samajwadi Party-led government in the state, Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Maulana Syed Ahmed Bukhari on Friday said the formation of governments with absolute majority do no good for Muslims. "For the safeguard of rights of the Muslims, it is better that governments should not be formed with absolute majority. Formation of government without absolute majority is in favour of Muslims," said Bukhari, who visited the city to attend a marriage ceremony yesterday. He appealed to the community members to cast their votes depending on the performance of parties in the next general elections.