Suspected Naxalites fire at IAF helicopter, injure one, force it to land in dense Dantewada jungle
- Raghuram Rajan: Should focus on structural reforms, not get fixated with growth numbers
- Looking for God’s own country: Kerala's missing and signs of radicalisation
- Arunchal Pradesh: Pema Khandu sworn in as CM, Chowna Mein as deputy
- 'Talk to AK': Arvind Kejriwal holds interactive session with citizens
- Made us beggars, stop adventurism by governors: CMs at Inter-State Council meeting
Suspected Naxalites fired at an IAF helicopter injuring a security man in Maoist hotbed of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh.
According to preliminary reports, the helicopter was on a mission to airlift a few CRPF troopers when it was fired upon.
"The helicopter has been forced to land at Teliwara in Sukma district. One IAF man has been hit and the chopper has been cordoned off," a senior security official said.
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago
- Kashmir poses not just moral but also existential questions involving statecraft
- New FDI policy in food products is unlikely to be a game-changer by itself
- Swathi murder case in Chennai must trigger a move to enact strong witness protection laws
- A new government in Nepal does not hold out any promise of greater stability
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people