Burail Jail inmate alleges assault by Desh Raj, triple murder accused
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
High drama was witnessed at the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, when an inmate of Burail Jail was brought for medical examination. He alleged that suspended SP Desh Raj Singh and triple murder accused Suresh Kumar assaulted him.
Nishant Sharma, the victim who is at present facing a trial for assaulting Jagtar Singh Hawara in the jail, alleged that Desh Raj along with other inmates of the jail came to a place where he was praying. "Desh Raj attacked me with a knife and others with lathis," he said.
He claims that there is a CCTV footage of him being beaten up by some of the jail inmates in his barrack.
Sharma produced a copy of the letter he claims to have written to Station House Officer Anokh Singh on whose complaint the CBI had laid a trap to arrest the SP. "The jail warden told me that if my medical (examination) is conducted, the Inspector General will get angry on them (jail warden)," he said in his letter.
When contacted, the SHO refused to have received any such letter. "I have not received any letter regarding any such warning," Anokh Singh said.
As per sources, the SHO visited the CBI office on Tuesday when he learnt that a letter was being circulated by the accused to mediapersons.
However, a senior police officer raised a question on how Sharma got photocopies made of the letter that he was distributing to the mediapersons.