Burail Jail inmate alleges assault by Desh Raj, triple murder accused
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
High drama was witnessed at the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, when an inmate of Burail Jail was brought for medical examination. He alleged that suspended SP Desh Raj Singh and triple murder accused Suresh Kumar assaulted him.
Nishant Sharma, the victim who is at present facing a trial for assaulting Jagtar Singh Hawara in the jail, alleged that Desh Raj along with other inmates of the jail came to a place where he was praying. "Desh Raj attacked me with a knife and others with lathis," he said.
He claims that there is a CCTV footage of him being beaten up by some of the jail inmates in his barrack.
Sharma produced a copy of the letter he claims to have written to Station House Officer Anokh Singh on whose complaint the CBI had laid a trap to arrest the SP. "The jail warden told me that if my medical (examination) is conducted, the Inspector General will get angry on them (jail warden)," he said in his letter.
When contacted, the SHO refused to have received any such letter. "I have not received any letter regarding any such warning," Anokh Singh said.
As per sources, the SHO visited the CBI office on Tuesday when he learnt that a letter was being circulated by the accused to mediapersons.
However, a senior police officer raised a question on how Sharma got photocopies made of the letter that he was distributing to the mediapersons.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready