Burglars drill hole in wall of cellphone shop, steal items worth Rs 7.5 lakh
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
Police suspect that theft was committed with a proper plan and believe that burglars conducted a recce of the shop before committing the crime
Unidentified burglars broke into a mobile phone shop at Pimpri Camp by making a hole in the wall and decamped with cash and smart phones worth Rs 7.5 lakh in the early hours of Tuesday.
Kamal Chandar Punjabi (38), the owner of Radhika Communication, a Samsung Smart Phone Cafe in Pimpri Camp market area, lodged a complaint at the Pimpri police station.
Police said the shop was closed around 10.30 pm on Monday after the end of the day's business. The theft came to light when the shop was opened next day around 11 am. A big hole was found on the rear wall of the shop. Police said the burglars entered the shop through the hole and stole as many as 59 smart phones and some cash, all worth Rs 7,43,566.
Police said the burglars took the same route to flee with the booty. Senior police officers, including assistant commissioner Sudhir Chougule, inspector Mohan Vidhate and sub-inspector S L Sonwane, visited the crime scene. Police said they will use the footage of CCTV cameras installed inside the shop to identify the suspects.
Police suspect that theft was committed with a proper plan and believe that burglars conducted a recce of the shop before committing the crime. Police teams have been dispatched to identifying and search the burglars.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'