Burnt and beaten, 19-yr-old Afghan girl rebuilds life in Delhi hospital
- TV channels threaten to blackout Kejriwal campaign
- Missing Malaysian jet: India clears its passengers
- BJP reacts angrily to Rahul Gandhi raking up 2002 riots issue
- BJP's 'Chai Pe Charcha' may run into Election Commission trouble
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
"He asked us about the condition of Afghani women, our food and culture and invited us for a Mumbai trip paid for and hosted by him," said Nuzhat. On Wednesday, Mumtaz went out shopping to prepare for the visit to Mumbai this weekend.
What she yearns for though is to have her face reconstructed, go back home to her mother and lead a "normal" life. Her fiancé calls her once in a while, she said, but she instinctively feels he is no longer interested in her.