Burqas and decoy ambulances used to transfer gangrape patient
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
Soon, senior surgeons in the team of doctors contacted Dr Denis Nyam, a general surgeon at Mount Elizabeth hospital, to coordinate the transfer. The air ambulance was to originally take off at 9.30 pm, but had to be rescheduled to 11.30 pm as some last-minute changes had to be made in the team of doctors that would accompany the woman, and communication from the Union Health ministry to the hospital around 5.30 pm to cancel the transfer for the time being.
Finally, experts from the critical care unit at Safdarjung hospital, and a team of doctors from Medanta accompanied her. Sources said the family was not told where it was being flown until the team reached the airport at around 11.15 pm.
"Around 3 pm, police were given three ambulances as per their request," a source said. The first two ambulances were arranged on either side of the ICU building by around 10.15 pm. The Medanta ambulance was brought outside the hospital ICU at around 10.20 pm. Sources said the first ambulance left without any patient, followed by a lot of activity from the ICU, where a patient was brought out surrounded by hospital staff, and rushed inside the Safdarjung ambulance, causing media cameras to rush towards it.
This was a "dummy" planted to distract, a source said. Meanwhile, as the attention of the cameras was diverted, the patient was brought out surrounded by the ICU specialists treating her, and transferred to the Medanta ambulance which left at 10.30 pm.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today