Business Confidential: Mistry meeting with the FM
- Two IPL ex-champs, CSK and RR, kicked out in biggest clean-up
- Why the historic Iran nuclear deal could be good for India
- Death toll in Andhra stampede touches 25; PM Modi pays condolences
- Geelani rejects Pak High Commission's invite for Eid Milan
- In search for missing Dornier, Coast Guard discovers human remains, aircraft parts
Mistry meeting with the FM
The pre-budget meeting of the finance minister and the industry is about the first time the government and the industry meet in the new year. This year the buzz is about whether the new chairman of Tata Group Cyrus Mistry will make the trip to New Delhi. Indications are, he might. The chairman emeritus of the group had become a regular of late, and Mistry in his first year might want to start on a note of engagement with Raisina Hill.
CSR & The new year party spoiler
After the Companies Bill was held over from the current Parliament session, companies are sort of relieved. The 2 per cent mandatory rise in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an issue, but at a new year eve party one industry leader talked about their near-at-home concern. The fear of class action suits. Some of the dodgy companies feel this will be a big boo-boo for them.