Businessman abducted, robbed, shot at and dumped in Gurgaon
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK register comprehensive victory over hapless DD
A 29-year-old businessman was abducted by four men, who robbed him and drove with him in his car for an hour till Gurgaon where he was shot at and dumped in an isolated area on Thursday.
Nitin Sharma, a resident of Patparganj, was shot twice ó in the chest and leg. Sharma owns Mystic Mountain Camps Pvt Ltd.
In his statement to police, Sharma said he was on his way home and had taken the Barapullah elevated road to reach Patparganj. "When I was near Sewa Nagar crossing, I got a phone call and I parked the car on the left of the road to receive the call. A few minutes later, a man, who appeared to be in his 30s, opened the driver's door and said he wanted to talk to me," Sharma said in his statement.
He told police that the man pulled out a gun and asked him to move to the rear seat. Two men got in on either side of Sharma, while another man sat on the front passenger seat.
"They covered my face with the cap I was wearing and took me around for over an hour. They were talking to each other in Haryanvi and asked me to switch off my phone. They played loud music inside the car," he said.
The men allegedly took his mobile phone, documents of the car, passport and wallet.
Sharma said he was thrown out of the car at an isolated spot in Gurgaon. "When I tried to run away, one of them opened fire and a bullet hit my chest. Another bullet hit my leg and I collapsed on the ground," he told police.
Sharma alleged that the men tried to run him over, but he rolled to the side of the road.