Businessman arrested for threatening traffic cop
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
Police arrested a local businessman on Thursday for allegedly threatening a traffic police constable by pointing a pistol at him after the constable asked him to show his driving license in Chowk area.
According to the police, Vijay Kumar, who runs a car garage in Aliganj area, was travelling on a motorbike and jumped the traffic signal near Convention Centre. When Constable Pramod Gupta caught him and asked him to show his driving license, Kumar started an argument and later threatened the cop by pointing a pistol at him, police said. However, Kumar was caught by the policemen present there and brought to police station where a case was registered against him for obstructing a public servant from discharge of duty.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer