Businessman held in cheating case
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Police on Thursday arrested a businessman in a cheating case involving over Rs 6 lakh in March this year. One more person is wanted in the case. According to the DB Marg police, the complainant, Narayanram Lohar (27), runs a cell phone and accessories wholesale shop in the Grant Road area, and on March 26, the accused, Hitesh Khandelwal and Mahadev Patel, allegedly took a total of 6,583 memory cards from him.
"Lohar had entered into some business dealings with the duo in the past, and hence, when they said that they would pay him in a few days, he let them take the memory cards with them. However, when they did not show any inclination to pay him nine months down the line and even started avoiding him, he registered a complaint with us," said an officer with the D B Marg police.
Following the complaint, Khandelwal was arrested on Thursday, while the police are still looking for Patel.