Businessman held in cheating case
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Police on Thursday arrested a businessman in a cheating case involving over Rs 6 lakh in March this year. One more person is wanted in the case. According to the DB Marg police, the complainant, Narayanram Lohar (27), runs a cell phone and accessories wholesale shop in the Grant Road area, and on March 26, the accused, Hitesh Khandelwal and Mahadev Patel, allegedly took a total of 6,583 memory cards from him.
"Lohar had entered into some business dealings with the duo in the past, and hence, when they said that they would pay him in a few days, he let them take the memory cards with them. However, when they did not show any inclination to pay him nine months down the line and even started avoiding him, he registered a complaint with us," said an officer with the D B Marg police.
Following the complaint, Khandelwal was arrested on Thursday, while the police are still looking for Patel.