Businessmanís son murder: Pune cops get custody of Babloo
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
After a wait of 14 years, the Pune police Crime Branch on Wednesday received custody of Omprakash alias Babloo Srivastava, a former aide of mafia don Dawood Ibrahim, in the kidnapping and murder of Sagar Ladkat, a businessman's son.
Sagar (24), son of businessman Balasaheb Ladkat, was allegedly kidnapped on May 22 in 1998 and was reportedly murdered following a scuffle. Police had till now arrested eight persons out of 14 accused. Interrogation of those arrested revealed Srivastava, then lodged in jail, was operating the gang that hatched the conspiracy, police inspector Sunil Patil, of the crime branch, said.