Businessmanís son murder: Pune cops get custody of Babloo
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR strike early, get rid of DD opener Vijay
After a wait of 14 years, the Pune police Crime Branch on Wednesday received custody of Omprakash alias Babloo Srivastava, a former aide of mafia don Dawood Ibrahim, in the kidnapping and murder of Sagar Ladkat, a businessman's son.
Sagar (24), son of businessman Balasaheb Ladkat, was allegedly kidnapped on May 22 in 1998 and was reportedly murdered following a scuffle. Police had till now arrested eight persons out of 14 accused. Interrogation of those arrested revealed Srivastava, then lodged in jail, was operating the gang that hatched the conspiracy, police inspector Sunil Patil, of the crime branch, said.