Butcher rivalry claims one in Bandra
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Butcher Imran Khan (23) was allegedly killed by cousin Yusuf, also a butcher, and his three accomplices over a long-standing family dispute and business rivalry in Bandra Saturday morning. All four accused have been arrested for murder.
Bandra-Kurla Complex Police said families of Imran and Yusuf, who had shops next to each other at Bharat Nagar in Bandra (East), had a running fued for three to four years and the two were business rivals as well.
Around 11.15 pm Saturday, Imran saw his brothers Zaid (15) and Aman (20) being assaulted by Yusuf and his wife Rizwana after an argument outside their house and rushed to save them.
Yusuf then sought help of his nephews Ali and Tanveer.
"Imran was assaulted by Yusuf, Rizwana, Ali and Tanveer. In the heat of the moment, Tanveer, who had come with a sword, stabbed Imran in the stomach, after which all four assailants fled. Imran was rushed to Bhabha Hospital in Bandra where he was declared dead before admission," said a police officer.
Zaid and Aman then went to BKC Police Station and registered a complaint against Yusuf and his accomplices.
"Probe so far indicates Zaid and Aman were playing outside the shop of Yusuf, which angered him. We will produce the accused in court Monday," the officer said.