By 2015, state may have 20,000 skilled hands for telecom sector
- Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
The telecom sector in Gujarat will get a boost of around 20,000 skilled employees by 2015 through 300 training centres to be set up by the state government. The Gujarat government signed an MoU with Telecom Sector Skill Council in July to establish skill development centres across the state for enhancing employability in 150 job roles that have been defined by the TSSC.
Currently, the TSSC is focussing on 11 'priority job roles' for training and certification on a pan-India basis, and it will start the first such initiative in Gujarat.
"As of now 21 centres have been identified in the state and while most of them will be set up inside government ITIs, the new ones will be ready within 10 months. Four capsules have been identified with respect to roles in the industry, which will be provided here," said Maheshwar Sahu, Additional Chief Secretary, at Skill Development Seminar in Ahmedabad on Saturday.
"The telecom sector in Gujarat has grown many folds in the last few years and we expect that with proper skill development programmes, Gujarat will be able to provide 25 per cent of job demands in the sector. We have identified two service training providers and expect to set up 300 skill centres by 2014-2015. Our main aim is to provide the skilled person a monthly income of around Rs 10,000 and ensure 90 per cent candidates who learn from these centres become self-employed or employable," he added.
- Patient’s death sparks protests, LNJP ward vandalised
- Under EC watch, money spent on campaigns on social media
- Woman used lipstick to write suicide note on wall: Police
- Unilever buys majority share in China water business
- Sisters married to a Nitish aide, one a JD(U) MLA, one an RJD nominee
- AAP men spar with Kejriwal, question LS tickets to Ashutosh, Rajmohan