By the quayside
- Tera Gurdip bach gaya: Indian on death row in Indonesia tells wife in phone call
- Pune building collapses, at least nine dead
- Mehbooba: Sacrifice of children won’t go waste; securitymen had no idea they were targeting Burhan
- 'Voodoo statistics!' P Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's inflation remarks
- Senior Congress leader Capt Ajay Yadav to quit party
Director Vinnil Markan shares some candid moments while shooting a song for Jayentabhai Ki Luv Story at the Gateway of India
Vinnil Markan who shot Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story at real locations in Mumbai like Madh Island, Worli Fort, Horniman Circle, Gateway of India, Flora Fountain, King Circle, Carter Road and the heritage village of Kotachiwadi said that he was lucky to get permission to shoot at the Gateway of India and the Taj Hotel.
While the area is under strict surveillance post the terrorist attacks, the director managed to get permission to shoot the song Hai na..keh bhi do zaara in 80's style with Vivek Oberoi and Neha Sharma. Markan and the entire unit however had to brave the weekend crowd of families who throng the historical place. "It was very difficult to shoot the song and manage the huge crowd at the same time. If it was not for Mumbai police, we would have never been able to picturise it," said Markan. As the police blocked the road at each juncture and coordinated the traffic, the unit had to shoot in the intermittent period of 15 minutes with the minimum number of retakes. The song is sung by Atif Aslam and Priya Panchal. The film is slated to release on February 15.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage