Byculla station wall collapse kills woman
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
The official said it was likely that the wall was too old and could not withstand the vibrations because of the work on the road.
"We will investigate to see what caused the collapse and if the area was cordoned off by the contractors working on the footpath. We will also see if we have to compensate the victims," said Karbare.
Agripada police have registered a complaint against the JCB driver. "We have seized the vehicle and through its registration details, identify and apprehend the driver. We have booked the driver under Sections 304 (A) and 327 of the Indian Penal Code," said assistant commissioner of police Jayant Sarmokaddam, Agripada division.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi