Bypassed by MLAs, DCC complains to Capt over recent appointments
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
The recent appointments in district congress committee (DCC) by Congress MLAs Bharat Bhushan Ashu and Surinder Dawar have invited a war of words between the MLAs and DCC President Pawan Dewan, who issued a statement recently stating that the final authority to appoint members for DCC lies with him only.
The MLAs had a few workers appointed directly from PPCC President Captain Amarinder Singh
Meanwhile, the MLAs have maintained that the appointment of the members within the district bodies lie with the PCC president and they have followed protocol.
Ashu said: "I got appointments of 13 persons done through Amarinder. I followed protocol. The DCC president is there to conduct meetings, but the final authority for appointment lies with the state president. The DCC president can clarify the issue with Amarinder."
Dawar, who got 15 perons appointed, had a similar reply and said: "I have got few loyal workers rewarded."
Pawan Dewan meanwhile stated that MLAs are not supposed to get appointments done directly and the appointments are null and void and the matter has been brought up to the PCC president as well.