Cabinet okays hike in authorised capital for Nabard, raises copra msp
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Last year, the MSPs of milling copra and ball copra were fixed at R5,100 and R 5,350 per quintal respectively. "Copra MSP has been raised by R150 per quintal for both the varieties," food minister KV Thomas said.
Recently, the agriculture ministry had proposed that the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (Nafed) continue its price support operations of copra in the 2013 season. In 2012, Nafed procured 75,000 tonne of copra in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.
"The hike in the MSP would definitely help farmers," Rajeev Gupta, managing director, Nafed told FE. The area under copra is estimated at 1.9 million hectare while production is pegged at 14,745 million nuts.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2