Cable digitisation: Force will not be accepted, says Firhad
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
KOLKATA: Trading charges that Multi Service Operators (MSOs) were forced to agree with the December 27 cable digitisation deadline, the state government on Monday warned the Centre, saying that attempts to implement the order by applying force will not be taken lightly. State Urban Development Minister Firad Hakim on Monday alleged that the central government was "acting like a goonda" regarding the issue.
One killed in Entally apartment fire
Kolkata: An early morning fire in an apartment in Entally area of central Kolkata claimed one life on Monday. A resident, Naushad Alam was charred to death in his first-floor room, Fire Department officials said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer