Cable operators to meet I&B officials
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Around 40 cable operators from Gujarat will meet the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting officials in New Delhi Thursday, after the Gujarat HC rejected the plea to extend the deadline to install set top boxes on Tuesday. The local cable operators from Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat will meet officials to try for an extenstion, citing unavailability of set-top boxes. "If the Supreme Court can grant Sanjay Dutt four weeks' extension to surrender for his remaining prison term on humanitarian grounds, then even we stand a chance. If the Ministry is willing to provide set-top boxes to us, we are more than willing to implement the conversion. For now, we will request for six-month extension,"said Pramod Pandya, president of the Cable Operators Association of Gujarat who was also the petitioner in the case.