Cable operators to meet I&B officials
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Gadkari says there's casteism in Bihar DNA then retracts by saying he meant 'political' DNA
- At least Modi-led govt wonât be remote-controlled, says Anna
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: RCB recover after early strikes by MI
Around 40 cable operators from Gujarat will meet the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting officials in New Delhi Thursday, after the Gujarat HC rejected the plea to extend the deadline to install set top boxes on Tuesday. The local cable operators from Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat will meet officials to try for an extenstion, citing unavailability of set-top boxes. "If the Supreme Court can grant Sanjay Dutt four weeks' extension to surrender for his remaining prison term on humanitarian grounds, then even we stand a chance. If the Ministry is willing to provide set-top boxes to us, we are more than willing to implement the conversion. For now, we will request for six-month extension,"said Pramod Pandya, president of the Cable Operators Association of Gujarat who was also the petitioner in the case.