Call Centre woman employee found murdered in Noida, police suspect rape
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
A 21-year-old girl, who was missing since Friday night while returning from a call centre where she worked, was found murdered near her house in Sector 63 area today, with police suspecting that she might have been raped.
The victim was resident of Chotpur colony here and was working at a Sector 65 BPO on the outskirts of Delhi. She left the office around 9 pm for home with four other female colleagues, police said.
Outside Chotpur colony, her colleagues went their separate ways and she proceeded towards her house but never reached there. Her family members searched for her but could not trace her.
This morning the girl was found dead near Pushta area with injuries on her body.
The victim's body has been sent for post-mortem.
"Whether she was raped and then murdered would be ascertained only after post mortem report is received," police sources said.