Campaigning begins for PAU employees’ union polls
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK register comprehensive victory over hapless DD
Campaigning is in full swing at Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) for various posts in the employees' union. Four groups are contesting elections this year for 15 different posts. Current vice-president Baldev Singh Walia is contesting for the post of president this time.
The symbol for Paramjeet Singh Gill's group is Mango, while that of Harbans Singh Mundi's group is Cycle, and the election symbol of Avtar Chand's group is Ladder. One Kewal Krishan Sachdeva is contesting for the post of president with the election symbol Letter box. He has no other members in his group,
Elections are scheduled to be held on January 10, in which 1,383 employees of PAU will be casting their votes.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’