'Canít put a time frame to passion'
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
n When you talk about it, 17 years seems to be a very long time! It feels good to be doing songs, even now in 2013. I feel very thankful. I came to Mumbai wanting to be a singer and this is what I am doing. My core being is all about this, everything else is incidental. That way I have kept my focus, kept my head low and have just concentrated in what I do. It has helped me get to where I am, and I continue to do that. I try to do what I can do to the best of my possible ability. Having said that, I don't really think about milestones because you don't really put a time frame to your passion. I may seem to have been singing in the film industry for long time, but I have actually been singing since I was a child and want to continue doing so for as long as I can.
Your last album was Humsafar in 2008, are there any more coming up?
n I hope to. Hope is the only thing that keeps us alive. I aspire to do another album. It's only a matter of giving time. You need to give that committed time to do that album. You should have the drive and motivation to do it, and not just do it for the sake of doing another album.
Have you ever given composing music for films a thought?
n No, that thought hasn't crossed my mind at all. But I think my ability to compose is just for my albums because it is a personal point of view, and I think I'll just stick with that, right now.
- Woman murdered, body found in trunk
- Identity politics
- Lack of legal power hampers probe into missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express