Canít tolerate attacks on police: Mamata on Tehatta
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
In a justification of the police firing at Tehatta that left one dead, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Friday that the police were forced to take action as an officer, his wife and his house had been attacked. She also alleged that efforts were on to trigger communal violence in the state. "Attack on an officer's house is as bad as attack on my house... Can this type of incident be supported?" the CM said at a programme organised by the Kolkata police. Mamata warned that she wouldn't tolerate attempts to trigger riots.