Canít tolerate attacks on police: Mamata on Tehatta
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
In a justification of the police firing at Tehatta that left one dead, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Friday that the police were forced to take action as an officer, his wife and his house had been attacked. She also alleged that efforts were on to trigger communal violence in the state. "Attack on an officer's house is as bad as attack on my house... Can this type of incident be supported?" the CM said at a programme organised by the Kolkata police. Mamata warned that she wouldn't tolerate attempts to trigger riots.