Canít tolerate attacks on police: Mamata on Tehatta
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
In a justification of the police firing at Tehatta that left one dead, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Friday that the police were forced to take action as an officer, his wife and his house had been attacked. She also alleged that efforts were on to trigger communal violence in the state. "Attack on an officer's house is as bad as attack on my house... Can this type of incident be supported?" the CM said at a programme organised by the Kolkata police. Mamata warned that she wouldn't tolerate attempts to trigger riots.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'