Canada invites investment from local industries
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A nine-member delegation from Manitoba (Canada) has invited local industrialists for investment in their state with Greg Selinger, premier of Manitoba, leading a delegation along with other Ministers and officials. They were invited by Ludhiana Management Association (LMA). Selinger said, "We have ample opportunities in mining, industrial chemicals and hydro power. The industry must come and see the investment opportunities."
The delegation also gave a presentation of education opportunities in their country and invited students for higher education. The LMA members said they may go to Manitoba in coming June to see ground realities.