Canadian delegation meets Modi, talks business
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A Canadian business delegation Thursday met Chief Minister Narendra Modi and discussed possibilities of co-operation in various sectors.
The delegation was headed by the Premier of Manitoba province of Canada, Greg Salinger, an official release said here.
Modi talked about the possibilities of partnering with the Canadian province in agro-food processing, defence equipment and aerospace component manufacturing, etc.
He also discussed with Salinger co-operation with the Gujarat Maritime Board for port and coastal development projects and with agriculture universities of Gujarat for agro-engineering education, the release said.
Manitoba is a leading province of Canada in sectors such as renewable energy, agro-food processing, port-coastal corridor, aerospace manufacturing, food security technology and agro-engineering.
Modi told the delegation that Gujarat would take part in the skill-summit scheduled in February-end in Manitoba.