Canadian delegation meets Modi, talks business
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
A Canadian business delegation Thursday met Chief Minister Narendra Modi and discussed possibilities of co-operation in various sectors.
The delegation was headed by the Premier of Manitoba province of Canada, Greg Salinger, an official release said here.
Modi talked about the possibilities of partnering with the Canadian province in agro-food processing, defence equipment and aerospace component manufacturing, etc.
He also discussed with Salinger co-operation with the Gujarat Maritime Board for port and coastal development projects and with agriculture universities of Gujarat for agro-engineering education, the release said.
Manitoba is a leading province of Canada in sectors such as renewable energy, agro-food processing, port-coastal corridor, aerospace manufacturing, food security technology and agro-engineering.
Modi told the delegation that Gujarat would take part in the skill-summit scheduled in February-end in Manitoba.