Canadian delegation meets Modi, talks business
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
A Canadian business delegation Thursday met Chief Minister Narendra Modi and discussed possibilities of co-operation in various sectors.
The delegation was headed by the Premier of Manitoba province of Canada, Greg Salinger, an official release said here.
Modi talked about the possibilities of partnering with the Canadian province in agro-food processing, defence equipment and aerospace component manufacturing, etc.
He also discussed with Salinger co-operation with the Gujarat Maritime Board for port and coastal development projects and with agriculture universities of Gujarat for agro-engineering education, the release said.
Manitoba is a leading province of Canada in sectors such as renewable energy, agro-food processing, port-coastal corridor, aerospace manufacturing, food security technology and agro-engineering.
Modi told the delegation that Gujarat would take part in the skill-summit scheduled in February-end in Manitoba.