Cancellation of Ramdev's land not at Cong's behest: Virbhadra
Brushing aside allegations of Yoga guru Ramdev, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today said the decision to cancel the lease of his trust's land in Solan was based on finding of irregularities and not at the behest of Congress leadership.
"The lease has been cancelled due to some irregularities and illegalities. It was decision of the government after due deliberations and Sonia Gandhi or any other central leader has nothing to do with him," Singh said here.
"I had attended his camp when he was a Yoga guru as I wanted to promote Yoga being an ancient practice for curing diseases. But now he is a political leader and I have nothing to do with him," the chief minister added.
Possession of land given to Ramdev's trust Patanjali Yogpeeth by the previous BJP regime in 2010 was cancelled by the state government on February 19.
The trust had challenged the decision in the High Court, which yesterday directed the government to maintain status quo on the land.
In a rally in Solan yesterday, Ramdev had alleged that the decision was taken under the pressure of Congress president Sonia Gandhi to "deter" him for his "fight" against corruption and black money stashed in foreign banks.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight