Cancer awareness camp held
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Department of Radiotherapy, Regional Cancer Centre, PGIMER, initiated the celebration of National Cancer Awareness Day by organising a camp at Daddumajra Colony in collaboration with the National Institute of Nursing Education and the staff of Civil Dispensary.
An exhibition of charts , a skit and video films prepared by the National Cancer Control Programmewere used to emphasise the need for screening for cancer and noticing the early signs.
Participants were told about the early signs and the causative factors of cancer . At least 50 women were examined and taught how to perform breast self-examination.