Cancer: Diagnosis done, Punjab must tackle the cure
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
And that's just one side of the issue. The other is that the cancer survey reiterates and confirms what had been suspected all along, especially in the Malwa belt. And yet, few measures have been taken against the groundwater contaminated with fertilisers or uranium, for example, that is suspected to be the primary reason behind the high cancer proportion.
Chitleen is a special correspondent based in Chandigarh