Can't cherry-pick: PC to BJP
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Finance Minister P Chidambaram Thursday accused the BJP of "cherry-picking" on Maharashtra government's statement that no criminality was revealed against Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and some other politicians in the Adarsh housing society scam.
"You can't cherrypick and choose what suits you. One must pick the entire decision in toto. One can't cherry-pick," Chidambaram said when asked about the opposition demand for Shinde's resignation.
The Maharashtra government, after being nudged by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, partially accepted the Adarsh report and announced action against indicted bureaucrats but gave a clean chit to politicians barring former CM Ashok Chavan, saying "no criminality was revealed against them".