Can't cherry-pick: PC to BJP
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Finance Minister P Chidambaram Thursday accused the BJP of "cherry-picking" on Maharashtra government's statement that no criminality was revealed against Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and some other politicians in the Adarsh housing society scam.
"You can't cherrypick and choose what suits you. One must pick the entire decision in toto. One can't cherry-pick," Chidambaram said when asked about the opposition demand for Shinde's resignation.
The Maharashtra government, after being nudged by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, partially accepted the Adarsh report and announced action against indicted bureaucrats but gave a clean chit to politicians barring former CM Ashok Chavan, saying "no criminality was revealed against them".
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18