Don't copy 'Gutthi', warn 'Comedy Nights With Kapil' producers
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
It's no big secret that most audiences tune in to 'Comedy Nights With Kapil' mostly to see their most beloved character 'Gutthi'.
However, when comedian Sunil Grover, the face behind 'Gutthi' decided to quit the show, there was a huge outcry from fans to get the stand-up comedian back.
What's even more interesting is that the show seems to have realised 'Gutthi's relevance to their ratings and are on the lookout for a new actor to fill Sunil Grover's shoes.
But before that, show's producers Viacom 18, on Wednesday (November 20) published an ad in the newspapers as a notice to whomsoever attempts to launch or be associated with the character 'Gutthi', warning that the network will resort to legal action.
In their notice released today, Viacom 18 has further said that no artist can emulate Gutthi's mannerims since it is sole right of the show "Comedy Nights With Kapil".
"A certain artist and a stand-up comedian associated with the programme 'Comedy Nights With Kapil' aired on Colors television channels is planning to launch or be associated with other shows wherein the said artist is likely to perform the character of 'Gutthi' or use the mannerisms and characteristic features of 'Gutthi' or any other character played by the Artist in the said programme. Take notice that Viacom18 has sole, exclusive, absolute and unlimited ownership rights of all the intellectual Property
rights of the Artist associated with the programme including the rights in the format of the programme."
According to reports Sunil Grover had quit 'Comedy Nights With Kapil' last month as his demand for a hike in his pay package was not accepted by the makers.
The show, aired on Colors gained immense popularity, thanks to 'Gutthi's rib-tickling antics that had the audience in splits.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express