Can't wait to bowl against Aussies: Harbhajan Singh
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
Relieved to be picked in the Indian Test squad for the series against Australia, off-spinner Harbhajan Singh today said he cannot wait to bowl against his "favourite team".
The 32-year-old, who has 408 wickets in 99 Tests, was today included in the 15-member squad for the first two Tests starting February 22 in Chennai.
It was double delight for the off-spinner, who also led Rest of India to the Irani Cup title against Ranji champions Mumbai.
"I am very happy and feeling very relieved after getting selected. This game was very important for me. I bowled very well and have got the opportunity to play against my favourite team. I am looking forward to it," Harbhajan said at the post-match presentation ceremony.
Struggling for a while, Harbhajan was impressive in the Irani Cup, picking up five wickets in the match. He has been a proven performer against Australia and has a reputation of getting to the nerves of the players from Down Under.
The spinner had taken 32 wickets against the Aussies in the memorable 2001 series.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer