Can't wait to bowl against Aussies: Harbhajan Singh
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Relieved to be picked in the Indian Test squad for the series against Australia, off-spinner Harbhajan Singh today said he cannot wait to bowl against his "favourite team".
The 32-year-old, who has 408 wickets in 99 Tests, was today included in the 15-member squad for the first two Tests starting February 22 in Chennai.
It was double delight for the off-spinner, who also led Rest of India to the Irani Cup title against Ranji champions Mumbai.
"I am very happy and feeling very relieved after getting selected. This game was very important for me. I bowled very well and have got the opportunity to play against my favourite team. I am looking forward to it," Harbhajan said at the post-match presentation ceremony.
Struggling for a while, Harbhajan was impressive in the Irani Cup, picking up five wickets in the match. He has been a proven performer against Australia and has a reputation of getting to the nerves of the players from Down Under.
The spinner had taken 32 wickets against the Aussies in the memorable 2001 series.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today