Capt demands CBI probe into ‘fake case’ lodged at Khalra
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
Punjab Congress president Captain Amarinder Singh on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the registration of a "fake" police case at Khalra police station in Khemkaran, aimed at "shielding two murder accused at the behest of Chief Parliamentary Secretary Virsa Singh Valtoha".
In a statement, Amarinder said: "The five policemen, including the SHO of Khalra police station, who have been dismissed from service, have actually been made scapegoats in order to protect Valtoha."
He added that Khalra police station SHO had registered a case against two persons — Mohinder Singh, son of Ajit Singh and Joga Singh, son of Dalip Singh — for allegedly possessing five crates of liquor. Later, it turned out that the two persons were accused in a murder case, in which four people were killed at Kashipur in Uttrakhand.