Car bomb kills 19, injures over 70 in Pak market
- Eden to Eden, IPL Eight wonder
- Jayalalithaa announces welfare schemes worth Rs 1800 crore
- Heat wave continues to torment India; death toll rises to 368
- Will work towards abrogating Article 370 when we have numbers in Parliament: BJP
- Mathematician John Nash, who inspired 'A Beautiful Mind', killed in car crash
Nineteen people, including women and children, were killed and 70 others injured when a powerful car bomb went off at a crowded market in the restive Khyber tribal region in the northwest Monday.
The explosives-laden car was parked at Fauji Market, witnesses and security officials said. The death toll rose to 19 Monday evening after four persons succumbed to their injuries, officials said.
Seventy people were being treated in hospitals in Khyber Agency and Peshawar, and 10 of them were in a serious condition. The dead and injured included women and children, officials said.
More than 10 cars were destroyed and several shops damaged by the explosion.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Landmine blast kills 10 Afghan girls: Officials
Kabul: Ten girls were killed when a landmine exploded Monday while they were collecting firewood in eastern Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, officials said. The girls, aged between nine and 11, died when one of them accidentally struck the mine with an axe. PTI