Car bomb kills 19, injures over 70 in Pak market
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Nineteen people, including women and children, were killed and 70 others injured when a powerful car bomb went off at a crowded market in the restive Khyber tribal region in the northwest Monday.
The explosives-laden car was parked at Fauji Market, witnesses and security officials said. The death toll rose to 19 Monday evening after four persons succumbed to their injuries, officials said.
Seventy people were being treated in hospitals in Khyber Agency and Peshawar, and 10 of them were in a serious condition. The dead and injured included women and children, officials said.
More than 10 cars were destroyed and several shops damaged by the explosion.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Landmine blast kills 10 Afghan girls: Officials
Kabul: Ten girls were killed when a landmine exploded Monday while they were collecting firewood in eastern Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, officials said. The girls, aged between nine and 11, died when one of them accidentally struck the mine with an axe. PTI