Car falls into canal due to fog, driver comes out safe
- Combating terrorism must be major priority for G20: PM Narendra Modi
- Obama on Paris attack: Twisted ideology behind killing of innocents
- G20 summit: India pledges to hike renewable energy output to 175GW by 2022
- Two attackers killed in Paris were Frenchmen living in Brussels
- Petrol price hiked by 36 paise/litre, diesel by 87 paise/litre
A car fell into Sidhwan canal on Monday night as the driver could not notice it due to dense fog while going to his village along the canal road. But he had a miraculous escape as the water level in the canal was not much.
The driver, Jaswinder Singh, came out of the canal on his own and later informed the police who took his Pajero out of the canal with the help of a crane.
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly
- Paris attacks: The loss of innocence
- How the AMU professor became a rallying point for LGBT movement
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself