Car rally to promote safe driving
- Telangana is India's 29th state as Rajya Sabha passes Bill amidst chaos
- Centre moves SC for review of its verdict on Rajiv Gandhi killers
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Andhra: Three girls of a family abducted, set ablaze by uncle
To spread the message of safe driving, a convoy of nearly 200 cars would traverse on the streets of Kolkata at a car rally tomorrow.
Led by a fleet of Kolkata Traffic Police riders, the 6 km-long rally will begin from Town Hall. The rally is being organised by the State Bank of India and Guide India Publications. The main objective of the event is to create awareness among the motorists of Kolkata on crucial issues of safe driving, lane discipline and adhering to traffic rules through a fun-filled event, said Souvik Ghosh, event convener. Besides city motorists, some celebrities are also expected to drive during the rally.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state