Car rams bus in Kashmere Gate, 2 killed
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR beat Mumbai Indians by 41 runs in IPL 7 opener
Two cousin brothers were killed and their sister was injured when their Hyundai Verna rammed a parked Punjab Roadways bus in Kashmere Gate, North Delhi, on Wednesday night. Police said the three were returning from a family ceremony in Chhattarpur when the incident took place.
The bus driver, Sunil, a native of Himachal Pradesh, was arrested from the spot. He had parked the bus on the roadside and asked passengers to alight, instead of parking it at the bus stop.
Around 1.45 am, Dhiraj and Mohit Gupta were returning to their residence on Mall Road in North Delhi, when they rammed the bus. The two were jewellers and ran a shop in Chandni Chowk.
Police said they rammed the bus from the rear, "perhaps because they didn't see it". Police found it difficult to take the victims out as the car was almost completely under the bus.
While the woman was pulled out and rushed to Sushruta Trauma Centre in a PCR van, police had to call a fire tender and a recovery van to pull the two men out. They were rushed to the trauma centre and declared dead on arrival. The woman's condition is said to be stable.
A case of causing death by negligence has been registered at the Kashmere Gate police station.