Car rams into 2 bikes, kills 1 man, injures 3 others
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
One person was killed and three others injured in an accident involving three vehicles in Southwest Delhi's Dabri area.
According to police, the incident was reported on Wednesday night. The deceased has been identified as Gauri Shankar.
Police said Gauri Shankar was returning home with his friend on a motorcycle. Shankar's bike had a tyre puncture. So he was getting the puncture fixed at a roadside shop near Vijay Enclave in Dabri.
Eyewitnesses told police that a speeding Maruti Swift (DL 9CS 8359) driven by a man identified as Dr Ashwani Kumar, rammed the motorcycle from behind and mowed down Shankar and his friend Ajit.
"Ashwani Kumar then lost control of the vehicle and hit another bike, which was a little ahead on the road, injuring two more persons," a police officer said.
Police said the police control room received a call around 1.35 am alerting them about the incident. A police team rushed to the spot and took the injured to DDU Hospital. Shankar, who had sustained severe head injuries, was declared dead on arrival.
"We have registered a case under Sections 279, 337 and 304A of the IPC against Ashwani Kumar, the driver of the Maruti Swift. He has been arrested," the officer said.