Car rams into 2 bikes, kills 1 man, injures 3 others
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
One person was killed and three others injured in an accident involving three vehicles in Southwest Delhi's Dabri area.
According to police, the incident was reported on Wednesday night. The deceased has been identified as Gauri Shankar.
Police said Gauri Shankar was returning home with his friend on a motorcycle. Shankar's bike had a tyre puncture. So he was getting the puncture fixed at a roadside shop near Vijay Enclave in Dabri.
Eyewitnesses told police that a speeding Maruti Swift (DL 9CS 8359) driven by a man identified as Dr Ashwani Kumar, rammed the motorcycle from behind and mowed down Shankar and his friend Ajit.
"Ashwani Kumar then lost control of the vehicle and hit another bike, which was a little ahead on the road, injuring two more persons," a police officer said.
Police said the police control room received a call around 1.35 am alerting them about the incident. A police team rushed to the spot and took the injured to DDU Hospital. Shankar, who had sustained severe head injuries, was declared dead on arrival.
"We have registered a case under Sections 279, 337 and 304A of the IPC against Ashwani Kumar, the driver of the Maruti Swift. He has been arrested," the officer said.