Car rams into 2 bikes, kills 1 man, injures 3 others
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
One person was killed and three others injured in an accident involving three vehicles in Southwest Delhi's Dabri area.
According to police, the incident was reported on Wednesday night. The deceased has been identified as Gauri Shankar.
Police said Gauri Shankar was returning home with his friend on a motorcycle. Shankar's bike had a tyre puncture. So he was getting the puncture fixed at a roadside shop near Vijay Enclave in Dabri.
Eyewitnesses told police that a speeding Maruti Swift (DL 9CS 8359) driven by a man identified as Dr Ashwani Kumar, rammed the motorcycle from behind and mowed down Shankar and his friend Ajit.
"Ashwani Kumar then lost control of the vehicle and hit another bike, which was a little ahead on the road, injuring two more persons," a police officer said.
Police said the police control room received a call around 1.35 am alerting them about the incident. A police team rushed to the spot and took the injured to DDU Hospital. Shankar, who had sustained severe head injuries, was declared dead on arrival.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism