Car sales get festive push, up 23% in Oct
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
Boosted by festive season purchases, domestic car sales increased by 23.09 per cent to 1,72,459 units in October 2012, the highest growth rate in nearly two years.
Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), however, downplayed the feat saying that the growth was on a low base of 1,40,105 units in the same month last year and the automotive industry continues to face challenges in pushing sales.