Car sales in India down 12.45% in January, motorcycle sales up 7.45%
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
Car sales in India declined by 12.45 per cent to 1,73,420 units in January this year compared to 1,98,079 units in the same month of 2012. According to the data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), motorcycle sales in last month grew by 7.45 per cent to 8,86,527 units from 8,25,050 units in the same month previous year.
Total two-wheeler sales in January 2013 increased by 8.46 per cent to 12,06,937 units from 11,12,767 units in the same period of previous year.
Total sales of commercial vehicles declined by 9.51 per cent to 63,218 units from 69,865 units in the year-ago period, SIAM said.
Total sale of vehicles across categories registered a growth of 5.31 per cent to 15,61,104 units in January 2013 as against 14,82,437 units in the same month of 2012, it added.
India Jan car sales fall 12.5 pct y/y
(Reuters): Car sales in India fell an annual 12.5 per cent in January, the third consecutive slide and the fifth in sixth months, an industry lobby group said on Monday, as sales of cars in a once-booming market head for their worst growth in nine years.
Automakers sold 173,420 cars in India last month, according to data from the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
Sales of motorcycles rose 7.5 percent in January to 886,527 vehicles, SIAM said.
Truck and bus sales were 63,218 vehicles during the month, down 9.5 percent.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready