Cardamom futures decline on high supply
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Cardamom prices fell Rs 5.80 to Rs 902.80 per kg in futures trading today on higher supplies from producing belts against subdued demand.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, cardamom for delivery in December declined by Rs 5.80, or 0.64 per cent, to Rs 902.80 per kg, with business turnover of 412 lots. Likewise, the spice for delivery in January shed Rs 2.90, or 0.29 per cent, to Rs 985.90 per kg, with an open interest of 85 lots.
Marketmen said supply pressure from producing regions against subdued demand at prevailing higher levels mainly helped cardamom prices to trade lower at futures market.