Cargill acquires Wipro's flagship brand Sunflower Vanaspati brand
Cargill today said it has signed an agreement with Wipro to acquire the latter's flagship brand Sunflower Vanaspati.
The scope of the acquisition is limited to the product brand only, the company said in a statement.
This acquisition strengthens Cargill's existing portfolio of leading edible oil and vanaspati brands and also expands its market reach in India's palm oil and its derivatives including vanaspati market, it said.
Apart from marketing its edible oil portfolio that includes brands such as Nature Fresh, Sweekar and Gemini, Cargill already locally produces and markets Vanaspati under its brands Rath, NatureFresh Purita and, Gemini.
"Acquiring Sunflower Vanaspati underscores Cargill's long-term commitment to growing our consumer food business in India. It is an excellent fit with our existing strong brand portfolio through which we serve a significant consumer base across the country," said Siraj Chaudhry, Chairman Cargill India.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota