Carla Bruni ‘desperate to have baby'
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
French First Lady Carla Bruni is reportedly desperate to have a baby with President Nicolas Sarkozy.
According to glossy French weekly magazine Gal, the former supermodel, 43, and her husband, hope to have a child in 2012, just ahead of the next French presidential election, reports the Daily Mail.
And if Bruni, who already has a nine-year-old son Aurelian from a previous relationship, is unable to conceive naturally, they would consider adopting a baby boy.
"Carla wants to offer Nicolas a male child in 2012, but if she is too old to conceive, she would adopt," the magazine revealed.
"The child would also be a way of silencing everything that has been said and written about their relationship in the French media," the magazine added.
The report comes just a month after Bruni told a religious cleric during a state visit to India that she was ''praying for a son''.
In March 2009, she told Madame Figaro magazine she would ''adore to have another child'' and would adopt if she could not conceive naturally.
And she told Vanity Fair magazine in 2008: 'I would love to have children with Nicolas. I hope to, if I am young enough. It would be a dream.'