Carla Bruni ‘desperate to have baby'
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
French First Lady Carla Bruni is reportedly desperate to have a baby with President Nicolas Sarkozy.
According to glossy French weekly magazine Gal, the former supermodel, 43, and her husband, hope to have a child in 2012, just ahead of the next French presidential election, reports the Daily Mail.
And if Bruni, who already has a nine-year-old son Aurelian from a previous relationship, is unable to conceive naturally, they would consider adopting a baby boy.
"Carla wants to offer Nicolas a male child in 2012, but if she is too old to conceive, she would adopt," the magazine revealed.
"The child would also be a way of silencing everything that has been said and written about their relationship in the French media," the magazine added.
The report comes just a month after Bruni told a religious cleric during a state visit to India that she was ''praying for a son''.
In March 2009, she told Madame Figaro magazine she would ''adore to have another child'' and would adopt if she could not conceive naturally.
And she told Vanity Fair magazine in 2008: 'I would love to have children with Nicolas. I hope to, if I am young enough. It would be a dream.'
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape