Carlson Rezidor to hire 9,000 people in India by 2015
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
Hospitality major Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group today said it will hire around 9,000 people in India as part of expansion, under which it plans to have 100 hotels under it in the country by the end of 2015.
"We plan to add around 9,000 employees by 2015 to our present strength of 21,000 and have 100 operating hotels by then," Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Executive Vice-President (South Asia) K B Kachru said.
Kachru, who will be elevated to the position of Chairman of the hotel group in South Asia effective from July 1 this year, said that at present the hospitality chain has 63 operating hotels in India.
"The employees will work for our multiple brands, spread across the country," he added.
The chain has four hospitality brands Radisson Blu, Park Plaza, Country Inns & Suites by Carlson and Park Inn by Radisson in India which cater from mid-scale to premium segments.
On the group's business model, Kachru said: "We are primarily a management company. We manage and franchise brands but if the right opportunity comes, we will not shy away from the investments."
He said the group will focus on metros, state capitals, religious centres and leisure destinations such as Goa and Shimla.
Last month, the group had said it will open 13 new hotels in India by the end of 2013 in different segments.
The hospitality firm had earlier signed a partnership with Bestech Group, giving it the exclusive rights to develop 49 Park Inn Hotels in north and central India by 2024. In addition, the Carlson Rezidor had agreed to invest Rs 213 crore in first two projects in Gurgaon and Mohali.
The new hotels under different brands will be in Navi Mumbai, Uttarakhand, Bhatinda, Merrut, Gandhidham, Pune, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Mysore, Jaipur, Udaipur, Kolkata and Guwahati.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held