Caroline Wozniacki loses in 1st round at Brisbane
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Tharoor mocks at Modi's meeting with actors; 80 pc polling in Inner Manipur
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Karthik-led DD face RCB
Caroline Wozniacki's first trip to the Brisbane International ended in a shocking 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (1) first-round loss to Kazakhstan qualifier Ksenia Pervak on Monday.
Wozniacki, who held the year-end No. 1 ranking in 2010 and 2011 but is yet to win a major title, had high-profile support from boyfriend and golf No. 1 Rory McIlroy in the crowd but struggled with her serve as she surrendered the second set and then had difficulty in the third countering the powerful groundstrokes from the left-handed Pervak.
The 103-ranked Pervak was two points from victory, serving for the match at 5-3 and 30-15, but made a series of unforced errors to let the 10th-ranked Wozniacki back into the contest. Pervak dominated the tiebreaker, winning the first five points.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18