Caroline Wozniacki loses in 1st round at Brisbane
- Beef row: Amit Shah reprimands BJP 'motormouths' over controversial remarks
- NJAC SC verdict: Democracy cannot be 'tyranny of the unelected', says Arun Jaitley
- Rajkot police to file FIR against Hardik Patel for 'insulting' tricolour
- I am not Sheila Dikshit, will not let you sleep peacefully: Kejriwal to Modi on Delhi rapes
- After Express report on Pepsi displeasure, BCCI gets Vivo to sponsor IPL
Caroline Wozniacki's first trip to the Brisbane International ended in a shocking 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (1) first-round loss to Kazakhstan qualifier Ksenia Pervak on Monday.
Wozniacki, who held the year-end No. 1 ranking in 2010 and 2011 but is yet to win a major title, had high-profile support from boyfriend and golf No. 1 Rory McIlroy in the crowd but struggled with her serve as she surrendered the second set and then had difficulty in the third countering the powerful groundstrokes from the left-handed Pervak.