Case against BJP's Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Ram
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Acting on a court order, the police today lodged a case against suspended BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Rama during a function in Delhi on November 8.
On a petition filed by lawyer Mohammed Saleem, the court in Medchal had yesterday asked the police to investigate the matter and lodged an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under Section 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, language etc) and other relevant sections of IPC, police said.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi on November 8, Jethmalani had termed Lord Ram as a "bad husband".