Case against BJP's Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Ram
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Acting on a court order, the police today lodged a case against suspended BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Rama during a function in Delhi on November 8.
On a petition filed by lawyer Mohammed Saleem, the court in Medchal had yesterday asked the police to investigate the matter and lodged an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under Section 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, language etc) and other relevant sections of IPC, police said.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi on November 8, Jethmalani had termed Lord Ram as a "bad husband".