Case against BJP's Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Ram
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
Acting on a court order, the police today lodged a case against suspended BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Rama during a function in Delhi on November 8.
On a petition filed by lawyer Mohammed Saleem, the court in Medchal had yesterday asked the police to investigate the matter and lodged an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under Section 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, language etc) and other relevant sections of IPC, police said.
Speaking at a book launch function in Delhi on November 8, Jethmalani had termed Lord Ram as a "bad husband".