Case against CM Nitish Kumar in mid-day meal tragedy
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A case was filed today against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Education Minister P K Shahi and the absconding principal of the government school where 23 children lost their lives after eating a midday meal served to them.
Advocate Shashi Ranjan Pathak filed the complaint case against the three in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate A K Jha alleging criminal negligence which resulted in the tragedy.
The CJM ordered to tag the case with the one lodged in Mashrakh police station against the absconding principal Meena Devi in which the court today issued warrant of arrest against her. District Magistrate of Saran, Abhijit Sinha and district education officer of Mashrakh have also been made party in the case.