Case against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for insulting, Hindus, Hindu gods
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
A local court directed the police to probe a complaint filed by Advocate Bethi Mahender Reddy against All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making objectionable remarks insulting Hindus and Hindu gods.
Reddy alleged that on August 22, 2012, the MLA addressed a public meeting at Circus Grounds in Karimnagar town, where he made comments which "broke the hearts" of Hindus. He watched the speech on TV news channels, he said. Reddy has filed the complaint under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
"Additional Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Kshama Deshpande directed the Karimnagar III Town police station to investigate the complaint and file a report," Reddy's counsel said.