Case against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for insulting, Hindus, Hindu gods
- Porn ban: Govt lifts ban on websites sans child pornography
- Mumbai attacks: Five explosive revelations made by Tariq Khosa
- Parliamentary panel on land bill postpones meet following suspension of Congress MP
- Combative Opposition stalls Parliament proceedings
- Missing Pawan Hans chopper sighted, rescue operation to resume tomorrow
A local court directed the police to probe a complaint filed by Advocate Bethi Mahender Reddy against All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making objectionable remarks insulting Hindus and Hindu gods.
Reddy alleged that on August 22, 2012, the MLA addressed a public meeting at Circus Grounds in Karimnagar town, where he made comments which "broke the hearts" of Hindus. He watched the speech on TV news channels, he said. Reddy has filed the complaint under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
"Additional Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Kshama Deshpande directed the Karimnagar III Town police station to investigate the complaint and file a report," Reddy's counsel said.