Case against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for insulting, Hindus, Hindu gods
- BRICS Summit: Modi meets Xi, takes up China's UN block on Lakhvi
- My leadership trusts me, no one in BJP asked me for CBI probe: Chouhan
- Victim's father hits back at Hema Malini, says the BJP MP has 'small soch'
- Manipur agitation: Boy killed in police-student clash over Inner Line Permit
- Government to go on the offensive as it braces for stormy monsoon session
A local court directed the police to probe a complaint filed by Advocate Bethi Mahender Reddy against All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making objectionable remarks insulting Hindus and Hindu gods.
Reddy alleged that on August 22, 2012, the MLA addressed a public meeting at Circus Grounds in Karimnagar town, where he made comments which "broke the hearts" of Hindus. He watched the speech on TV news channels, he said. Reddy has filed the complaint under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
"Additional Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Kshama Deshpande directed the Karimnagar III Town police station to investigate the complaint and file a report," Reddy's counsel said.