Case against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for insulting, Hindus, Hindu gods
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A local court directed the police to probe a complaint filed by Advocate Bethi Mahender Reddy against All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making objectionable remarks insulting Hindus and Hindu gods.
Reddy alleged that on August 22, 2012, the MLA addressed a public meeting at Circus Grounds in Karimnagar town, where he made comments which "broke the hearts" of Hindus. He watched the speech on TV news channels, he said. Reddy has filed the complaint under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
"Additional Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Kshama Deshpande directed the Karimnagar III Town police station to investigate the complaint and file a report," Reddy's counsel said.