Case lodged against director, star cast of 'Ram-Leela'
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
- Khobragadeâs help, husband cite âdifferencesâ, file for divorce
- President not for executing Bhullar, MHA disagrees
On the directives of a local court here, a case has been filed against 12 persons, including the director and star cast of Hindi feature film 'Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela'.
The case was lodged in Bhamaura police station last night against 12 persons including the director- Sanjay Leela Bhansali, production house- Eros International, Kishore Lulla
of Eros, actors Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka
Chopra and some others of the supporting cast, police said.
On November 18, Judicial Magistrate R P Gupta, on the petition of Kailash Chandra that violence and obscenity has been glorified in the film , directed to lodge a case.
The petitioner had stated that violence and obscenity shown in the film has hurt the feelings and sentiments of Hindus.
The film has been in controversy since the very beginning and several organisations had demanded a ban on it.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express